a writer. beautiful. fierce. contagious. simple. courageous.

Social Media has changed everything


I love that no two websites are the alike. I am up to the challenge to discover new ways to describe products and services that compliment a company’s visions; yet make it stand out above the competition.

Part of the process is learning about you and your company, your product and service; your mission.

As a personal writing assistant, I will help you take your website to the social network and enhance your visibility, driving traffic back to your website. You have many options to choose from. Daily or weekly blogs, facebook posts or twitter updates.

It is a rapidly changing arena in marketing today and if you are not taking advantage of gaining a fan base on at least one social network, you might be out of touch with your clients.

Contact me today to begin connecting with your clients in a completely new way!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Undercover Blogger


Undercover Blogger

A few years ago I was blogging when no one else was.

I wrote about things I was passionate about and put everything in one place. You never knew what you would find on my blog from week to week. I might have shared about our home school journey or the latest antics of our dog. You might have read about my strong political belief or my faith. I have found over the years its best to create a blog for a specific topic, thus allowing for consistent followers.

This is where I became noticed for my writing and my writing style.

I am not educated in the techniques and protocol of writing (you can read my bio for more on that subject). I write conversational style. My voice, through the written word, engages the reader. My passion for what I write about is contagious.
I believe this is why I was chosen to be an undercover blogger for one of the largest privately owned corporations in the world. I had written a few reviews to one of their corporate magazines applauding their products and they published what I wrote every time.

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:17

I was honored to be a part of a campaign to right the wrong done to this company through negative talk on the internet. If I were to tell you the name of this company you would have an opinion, I guarantee it. If I would have spoken to you before I began blogging for this corporation, I would bet your consensus would not have been positive.

It was an interesting project. My job was to find the blogs that were spreading false rumors and respond to what they were saying. The goal was to correct the false statements, keeping in line with the protocol set by a legal department that kept an eagle’s eye on every word I wrote.

I spoke truth. I rebuked lies. I loved it!

It’s been nearly five years since I went undercover and while I no longer write for the corporation, the revelation that one person was responsible for the majority of the blasphemous talk, has stayed with me. 

To think one person can have so much power to nearly bring a multi-billion dollar corporation to their knees gave me passion to fight against them and win the war of words. I am proud to have been a part of something that made a difference.

The power of the spoken word and what we do with it is powerful.
While I am no longer undercover I am still passionate for sharing truth through the written word.



1 comment: